Thursday, December 10, 2009
Click here for My Hair Regimen Video
Here is a quick over view:
Wash once a week
Wash with Crème n Nature shampoo(Blue bottle)
Condition with Crème n Nature conditioner(purple bottle) mixed with At One Botanicle Reconstructor conditioner (let sit for 5 mins then rinse out)
Towel Dry 15 mins.
I deep condition once a week after one of my washes with Motions(DPT-Deep Penetrating Treatment) ,and sit under a hooded dryer with shower cap over my head for 15 mins or just -walk around for 45 if you want to avoid heat
Rinse out deep conditioner thoroughly
Towel Dry for 15 mins
I add leave conditioner (it’s an At one Botanical brand) and detangle my hair in four sections, with a wide tooth comb.
I add my moisturizer -Softsheen Carson finishing mist-green bottle or scurl-blue/white bottle(on wet hair), i rotate between the two. And Softsheen Carson Moisturizing Lotion(on dryhair)
Add Oil (Kemi Oyl)
Add Serum for sleekness and shine(Ganier Sleek and shine)
Air dry in a pony tail with roller on the end
Cover with satin scarf and let air dry over night
Wear pinned up or bunned until next wash
Moisturize and oil twice a day( once in morning and once before bed at night)
I AM A RELAXED HEAD! not sure what texture.
relaxer: MOTIONS oil mositurizer ( not sure if its lye or no lye but this is what it looks like http://www.sallybeauty.com/Moisturizer-Hair-Relaxer/SBS-126020default,pd.html )
I Relax every 6-8 weeks
Protein treatment] ::I have decided to lay off of protein for awhile. If I feel my hair needs it I will Use the Aphogee two minute reconstructor.
-I always use heat protectant ( I use nexuss brand) if blow drying hair
-Atone leave in can be found here: http://www.blackhairspray.com/SearchResults.asp?cat=&RefineBy_Manufacturer=At+One&RefineBy_Price=&Search=at+one
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I know Ive been bad ya'll..my life has been so hectic lately! I am healthy and life is good though..so Im blessed! Just want to pop in and say that everything is going well. I will be posting new vids soon. I am trying to decide if I will hold off on the hair updates until January..Haven't decided yet but My hair is comming along well! I will post pics later.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Ok so this 6 months has gone by so fast! I started "Vonnique's Grow With Me Challenge in Feb 09 it ended the end of August. All in all I am very pleased with the results...
Check out my YT video ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q_YsUvDZkg
Friday, August 7, 2009
I wonder if anyone else feels this way!?:-D Ne who, if you do happen to have one(A blackberry) and you up for Blackberry messanger chat shoot ya girl a message/or comment below & Ill give ya my BBM ID:-)
OK Rant over...
Sunday, August 2, 2009
I recently posted my air drying technique video on You tueb Check it out:
- Wash hair and condition as usual
- Towel Dry for 10-15 minutes
- Apply leave in (AT ONE BOTANICLE BRAND)
- Detangle with Wide tooth Comb
- apply Liquid moisturizer (I used the Softsheen carson finishing mist in this vid but I will say its alot lighter but compares nothing to scurl !)
- Comb thru with wide tooth comb
- Apply Oil (Kemi Oyl) and Comb thru as well
- Apply Serum for Sleekness and Shine (I applied Ganier Sleek and Shine)
- Go over with Small tooth comb gently to smooth hair from root to tip
- Put hair in loose ponytail and put roller on end
- Cover hair with Satin Scarf and allow to air dry
- Apply moisturizer and oil to hair twice daily to keep moisturized!
Note: I usually air dry over night. I air dry in a pony tail because I do not typically wear my hair down and at my current length to retain length I wear it pinned or bunned 90% of the time. I am almost 3 weeks post I believe in this video.
Friday, July 17, 2009
I just got a relaxer and I must say I love my progress. It's been almost 6 months since I cut my hair into a bob.. boy how time flies! Although this challenge ends in August (hopefully Ill be full shoulder length my next relaxer), I will be on a lifelong healthy hair journey so I ain't going no where!!:-)
My regimen still remains the same minus the Aphogee 2 minute re constructor.. I am laying off of it for awhile.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
so far so good. I have taken out my sew in my hair is still thriving! I think I see some growth:-) My camera is so busted right now.. so stay tuned for a update vid! I washed out my sew in and followed the method I provided in one of my earlier posts. I had no breakage, damage etc. Im just waiting 4 that fresh relax so I can share my progress with you guys. So stay tuned:-D
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
So I heard rants and raves about this
product line and I have to jump on the band wagon! I recently bought the Wave Nouveau Coiuffure Moisturizing Finishing Mist 16.9 FL oz @ Sallys for $3.99 *( It was on sale regular price $5+).The Bottles States:
- It restores body and shine
- Its ultra Light and gentle enough for both
relxed and natural
- It contains a blend of conditioning and
- It can be used as a moisturizer product
- Lighter than s curl
- Great smell!
- When followed up with oil gives hair nice soft
- I am going to try the lotion next
- Try it!
Friday, June 26, 2009
- Wash human hair with a two in one shampoo/conditioner if possible.
- Seperate into two half to wash weave and avoid tangling the hair, gently work shampoo/conditoner from shaft to end of hair.
- Rinse Thoroughly.
- To wash regular hair(braids) Dilute a dime size amount of shampoo/conditioner in a cup and pour over braids (repeat for every section).
- Rinse hair thoroughly, rub braids to assure hair is rinsed properly.
Once done washing follow the "How to Maintain your hair in a sew in" post below.
FYI: You can rub castor oil on your scalp to promote hair thickness from the root. This is also explained in the video linked above.
Any questions feel free to hit me up:-) Xo Vonni
Saturday, June 13, 2009
I am still adapting to this blogging thing..
But I am so loving this sew in.. it is saving me so much time .
As promised I will have a vid up soon on youtube on how to moisturize your hair underneath a sew in and how to properly care for your hair once you take it out ..etc. In the mean time if ya are rockin a sew n like my self.
Make sure to :
1. Spray/rub scurl or any other moisturizer on your braids!!
2. Then go over briads again with oil ( I use a lil squirt bottle to make it easier)
3. Wash every 2-3 weeks to get rid of build up ( I dilute the shampoo with water in a cup etc)
If you you are taking out a sew in ALWAYS.ALWAYS.. DETANGLE AND COMB OUT ALL SHEADED HAIR BEFORE YOU APPLY WATER OR WASH YOUR HAIR. or else ya hair will be a matted mess! I can't stress that enough.. I know I experience it!
To avoid this:
1. Part into sections and apply a conditioner and detangle
2.Let conditioner sit on hair for about 2 hrs or so
3. Wash hair in shower to avoid hassel / Straight try not to rub or tanlge the hair too much
4. Be sure to deep condition!! Your hair needs lots of TLC after being hidden for so long!
Friday, June 5, 2009
Thoughts: I love how this hair flows.It lasts long and it is great quality. It looks so natural!! I had great past experience with it and will continue to use it for my sew ins.
SEW-IN Regimen: Wash every 2 weeks or as needed, Moisturize braids with scurl every 3 days or so . Wrap nightly and style as desired.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Started in April 2009- Thru August 2009
Goal: Full Shoulder Length by August
Regimen: Shampoo: Creme & Nature
Conditoner:Creme & Nature MIXED with At One with Nature botanicles
Deep Condiitoner: Organicis Root Stimulator Olive oil Replenishing Conditioner
Leave in Conditioner: At One with NAture
Oil: Kemi Oyl
Relaxer:(every 8 weeks) w/ Motions oil mositurizer
Protein Treatment: Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor/ follow up with Phogee mositurizing conditoner( every 2 months 1 week before relxer)
1. Wash once a week
2.Deep condition every wash
3.Add leave in Conditioner
4. Style as desired
5. Moisturize and seal nightly
6. Wrap nightly
Stay Tuned. Updated pix comming soon!
- ► July (3)
- ► June (6)